A victim mentality is one where people blame everyone else for what happens in their world.
If people suffer from low self esteem they may have a victim mentality. Some people are right to think this
because they have suffered at the hands of others or life has dealt them a blow but even if they have a reason they
don’t have to feel like a victim and pity themself they can rise above events and refuse to submit to them.
There are several causes of victim mentality:
- Bad things that happen to people and their reaction
- Negative thinking
- People’s belief in fate or personal responsibility
- People’s religious beliefs
What people tell themself is obviously going to affect their mood, behaviour and happiness so negative self talk
is likely to help cause or prolong a victim mentality. If peoples are negative they cannot see reality and
therefore their decisions will be based on wrong assumptions. More bad decisions lead to more more pain and failure
which will encourage people to believe that they are indeed a victim.Negative comments from others can cause people
to become very negative and it is very easy to misinterpret what others tell them. A negative comment or offensive
behaviour towards them may say a lot about the other person. If they have a negative mentality you will just take
what they say or do at face value and believe that you are again a victim.
Something that do about victim mentality:
- Check out my e-book ‘Self Esteem Secrets” and start building your self esteem and confidence
- Stop being angry or feeling helpless and understand that you are responsible for your own life. Decide to
do something about it and get help if you need it
- Question your negative thoughts, don’t believe them automatically
Luckily, this topic can be significantly improved with hypnotherapy
and clinical hypnosis.